Monday, January 5, 2009

Saw a deduction for $730.77 on the paycheck. Spoke to Chris in Payroll. It's a deduction for an advance given to me in the 80's when they switched from 2 paychecks per month to bi weekly with a 1 week hold back. The legacy employees were given a "loan" for the difference in the first paycheck after the change.

I reminded him that I left the company in 94 and CIT would have deducted it then. He said CIT has no records from back then, and he will just refund the $ to me in the next payroll cycle (1/20). It should be after tax $ since it was deducted from the check balance.

He mentioned that CIT was paying me 160.44 hours, but the paycheck says they are paying me 174.44 hours. That equates to 24.92 days. I think my alloted days were 22 plus 5 carry over plus 2 personal days. They don't pay personal days, so that would have been 27 days total. I took a few days this year - vacation in Maine, a half day here and there and at least one day for RH and one for YK. So I don't know how they arrived at 25 days, or why they came up with .44 of a day.

I don't have access to my outlook account, so I would guess that Maine was 2 days, 2 days of half days, and 2 days for the Jewish Holidays. That's 6 days. Counting my personal days, I had 29 days, so that would leave 23. Maybe my alloted days were 24, or there was an extra thrown in by the co. during the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment