Spoke to Durkin. He insists on exclusivity, and his rate is $550, which is $50 less than Mike. Figure a 200 day work-year, that equates to $10M less at Durkin, although there is supposedly the opportunity to make more depending on the project. However the project is determined by him, so whether I make more or not is out of my control.
My guess is $550 is his plain vanilla rate. I should be able to justify a higher rate, but who knows.
Who would I rather work with - Mike. But is he going to guarantee me at least 200 days of work a year? Probably not. I guess I need to talk to him about it. The first job isn't starting out so well - I was supposed to be on the job today. I had my doubts when he told me that his client (Clear Thinking) didn't have the engagement yet.
This can't go on much longer without me bugging off, if I plan to work with Durkin.
Does Mike have any other work to give me if this deal doesn't work out?
Left a message with Joel Smith to find out how it should work. I want to keep my own books - but what can I deduct? When are taxes and fica due?
If I can only make $550 a day, and there are 365 days a year - weekends 104 - 10 holidays = 251 days available. If he can only keep me busy 80%, that's 200 days x $550 = $110M, which is about $30M below my base at CIT.
Deductions - Car = $252*12 = $3M. Gas = $200 *12 = $2400. Home office - ? Others - meals $12/day *200 = $2400. Health insurance? $14000. I don't know. I need guidance from the acct.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment